Diatomaceous earth ZBS 500#
1. Diatomite filter aid is also known as Diatomaceous Earth, Kieselguhr, Kieselgur, and Celite.
2. Diatomite filter aid is white or pink.
3. It is very porous which makes it used extensively as a filter for a variety of purposes.
4. It is used to filter impurities out of everything from beer, wine and other kinds of things
5. we have our own product brand named (DA DI )
DIATOMACEOUS EARTH FILTER AID
Technical Data Sheet( ZBS 400#)
Permeability , Darcy
Bulk density , g/cm3
+150 M , %
Ignition , %
Application field :
- Flavoring, fermentation products manufacturing: MSG, soy sauce, vinegar, enzyme, citric acid.
- Alcoholic drinks and soft drinks: beer, alcohol, fruit wine, millet wine, juice, wine, sweetener.
- pharmacy: antibiotic, vitamin, refined Chinese herb medicine, filling for dentistry
water treatment: daily waste water, industrial waste water, swimming pool water.
others: electrolytic solution, galvanizing solution and etc.
The aboved products and picture EG: soy sauce ,vinegar ,beer and edible oil when processing, used diatomaceous earth and filter as Filter medium .
1) Formation of Diatomite
Diatomite is formed through 10,000-20,000 years of deposit after the death of single -cell plant called diatom. The characteristic of this diatom is to absorb the dissociating Si to form its anatomy; it will form diatomite deposition in a certain geological condition through deposit after death. Diatom is one of the protist which appears earliest on the earth, it can be found in the sea or the lake. It is such diatom that provides oxygen for the earth through photosynthesis to promote the birth of humans and animals and plants.
The main composition of diatomite is aquiferous and amorphous Sio2. Diatom can live both in fresh water and salt water. They have a large member of classification, and are generally divided into two orders such as “centrales” and “pennales”, and there are many “categories” in each order, it is quite complex.
2) Chemical Composition of Diatomite
The main chemical composition of natural diatomite is amorphous Sio2, and it contains a small number of organic impurities such as Fe2O3,CaO,MgO,Al2O3. The high-quality diatomite appears white, with Sio2 content over 85%. Monomer diatom appears colorless and transparent. The color of diatomite depends on clay mineral and organic matter, the composition varies from one mineral resource to another.
There are multilevel, numerous and orderly micropores on their cell walls. This unique microcellular structure endows them many excellent and unique functions: high pore volume, large specific surface, small specific gravity, strong absorbability, wear- resistance, acid- resistance and low heat conductivity. After its particle distribution status and surface property have been changed through the processes of pulverization, sorting, calcinations, airflow classification and impurity elimination, it can be applied for many industrial requirements such as painting additives.